It’s very important for everyone, but especially pregnant mothers nurturing a growing life, to take some quality ME time away from the demands of modern life.
We call this R3: Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate.
In daily life, our minds and bodies become consumed by competing stresses, affecting both our health, sleep and mood. To help alleviate some of your personal load, try the following:
- Practise breathing exercises
- Listen to gentle music
- Take a walk during lunch
- Stand still in a park surrounded by the healing peace of nature
- Eat more healthily
- Take 20 minutes every day to close your eyes and focus on a warm soothing colour
- Listen to your thoughts and your body
- Be in the moment, in the present – what can you hear, what can you smell, touch, feel?
- Just sit and be you in your sanctuary, whether in the park, by the sea or in the mountains – in your imagination or in a real location
- Travel and expand your experience